2011년 3월 9일 수요일

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... Spring Revise

           Life. All living creatures on the earth earn(earns) one life for themselves. It is only one that they are allowed so that they cannot continue to stay “alive” when they lose(loose) it. In the first part “Spring” of the film “Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring,” the monk is trying to teach the boy the importance of life. Since I myself had the similar experience to the boy, of killing my chick accidently, I could sympathize with the boy when he felt guilty of his deed.
           In the film “Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring,” the monk who lives with the boy tries to give the boy a lesson about the importance of life. In Buddhism(Budhism), all lives are equally valuable, and for that one should not kill other lives. The lives of animals, which ordinary people could consider trivial, are valuable too. In the first part of the movie, the Spring, the boy (yet) does not know the importance of life, so he tortures the fish, the fog, and the snake just for fun. He tied a rock around their back. After the monk finds out about it(Then), he(the monk) decides to teach the boy a lesson by treating the boy the way he treated those creatures until he releases(release) all of them. Then, one by one, the by finds(find) them and sees(see) two of them, the fish and the snake, already dead. Suddenly(Then), the boy started to feel so guilty since he could now sympathize how difficult it might have been for those animals after he tied a stone around them.
           In my youth, I had a similar experience as the boy: I killed my own pet, the chick, that I used to call 삐약이(bbi yak ee). When I was young, it was easy to find some elders selling chicks, from original color to dyed ones like pink, blue, and purple. I really liked animals but because of my father’s allergy, I could not raise a dog. Thus(so) I often bought those chicks. In the case of 삐약이, I bought him with another one that I named 타조알(ta jo al). Different from 타조알, 삐약이 was really weak, so I had put much more effort to raise hm. I liked them, andthey liked me too so that they followed me wherever I went(go). One dya, I tried to leave them in(on) the garden and went(go) into home. However, 삐약이 was following me and I did not know, which lead to a horrifying consequence of me closing the door are 삐약이 stuck in the middle. He died. It happened when I was in the third grade of elementary school. I felt so guilty and sorry for 삐약이 that I cried almost for a week. Then, I promised myself, never to be ceaseless about little creatures again.
           Although, in my case, it was accidental not intended, I felt same guiltiness as the boy in the film felt. It was the first time that I faced a “death” and it terrified me. A lesson s not just earned. It is though painful experiences that a person learns a lesson and takes a step forward.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기